UNESCO Ecohydrology Demonstration Site
Regulations and Enforcement and Control
Formal regulations are required to enable the Corporation to have effective control over the lake en route for maintaining the lake in an acceptable condition as planned. The objectives of the regulations, control and enforcement are to ensure the management objectives mentioned above be achieved in a systematic and regulated manner.
Guidelines such as Lake Management guidelines, The Putrajaya Lake Use Master Plan, Environmental Management Guidelines, The Catchment Management Guidelines and others , which are related in one way or another to the overall lake and wetland management, had been developed and introduced by the management of Putrajaya Corporation to cover a wide scope of concern.
Zoning of the lake and wetlands is an important start to control the possible activities that are allowed in or around the lake. The lake zoning sysem has been useful, particularly in guiding the appropriate uses and activities.
Activities that might adversely affect the quality and integrity of lake and wetlands, the general amenity of parks and open spaces, residential neighborhoods and government institutional areas are deemed as prohibited in the lake and wetlands area. Similarly, activities that cause damage to banks (e.g. as a result of wash of fast large craft) and the overall water quality of the lake are forbidden.
The rules provide control of all activities that are envisaged to be undertaken in the lake and wetlands. Several user guidelines such as Guidelines for Licensing of Motorized Leisure boats, Guidelines for Licensing of Fishing and Code of Practice for Boating will be published for public use. Guidelines for the Registration of Non-Motorized Leisure Boats, guidelines for activities requiring permits and approval, such as fishing, will also be published for public use. The user guidelines are meant to supplement the rules and assist users in carrying out the activity within the confines of the law.
PERUNTUKAN UNDANG-UNDANG / PERATURAN ALAM SEKITAR TASIK & WETLAND
- Akta Perbadanan Putrajaya 1995 - Peraturan-Peraturan Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya (Perlesenan dan Pendaftaran Aktiviti di Tasik) 2004.
- Akta Kerajaan Tempatan 1976
- Seksyen 69 dan Seksyen 70
- Undang-Undang Kecil Pengawalan Aktiviti Tasik (Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya) 2004.
- Undang-undang Kecil Taman (Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya) 2004;
- Undang-undang Kecil Pelesenan Petempatan Makanan (Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya) 2016
- Putrajaya Lake Use and Navigation Master Plan and Lake & Wetland Emergency Response Plan – Final Report (2nd Revision) August 2001.
- Putrajaya Lake Management Guide, 1998
- Putrajaya Stormwater Management Design Guidelines, August 1998
- Catchment Development and Management Plan for Putrajaya Lake, 2000
- Putrajaya Lake Catchment Fertilizer Use Guideline
- Putrajaya Lake Catchment Pesticide Use Guideline
- Formulation of Regulations and Guidelines for The Control of Activities and Use of The Lake and Other Water Bodies in Putrajaya, Februari 2000
- Environmental Management Guide (EMG) 2015
- Syarat-Syarat Kelulusan Penilaian Kesan Ke Atas Alam Sekitar (E.I.A), Putrajaya, 1996;
- Manual Saliran Mesra Alam (MaSMA)
- Manual Penguatkuasaan Perbadanan Putrajaya