Perbadanan Putrajaya is committed to the privacy of our Official Portal user’s information. The Perbadanan Putrajaya site will also attempt to provide a safe and secure environment. This Privacy Statement describes the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to the http://www.ppj.gov.my Official Portal. By accessing or registering as a user of the http://www.ppj.gov.my Official Portal, you confirm that you have read and understand this Official Portal Perbadanan Putrajaya Privacy Statement, and that you consent to the policies and practices described in this Statement.
The http://www.ppj.gov.my site may contain links to other Web sites over which Perbadanan Putrajaya has no control. Perbadanan Putrajaya is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other Web sites that may be linked to from the http://www.ppj.gov.my Official Portal. This Privacy Statement applies solely to the information gathered by the http://www.ppj.gov.my Official Portal.
Your data will be stored and processed in Malaysia. If you access http://www.ppj.gov.my from any other country, your usage of this site constitutes consent to the transfer of your data out of your country and to Malaysia.
Collection and Retention of Information
The http://www.ppj.gov.my Official Portal may request that you provide personal information, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, contact information, billing information including credit card number and other information. In other areas, http://www.ppj.gov.my may collect demographic information that is not unique to you such as your post-code, age, preferences, and gender. We may also gather certain information about your use of our site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is or may be collected by the http://www.ppj.gov.my Official Portal. This information may include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses.
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas, such as in boards or online forums, such information may be collected and used by others over whom http://www.ppj.gov.my has no control. http://www.ppj.gov.my is not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas.
We may retain the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat visit with us more efficient, practical, and relevant. Of course, you can correct or update your account profile at any time. Moreover, you can delete your personal information from our database or close your http://www.ppj.gov.my account at any time, in which event we will remove all our copies of your account profile information except for an archival copy which is not accessible on the Internet.
How We Use the Information We Gather
Perbadanan Putrajaya may use your contact information in order to send you e-mail or other communications regarding the business you conduct on our site. You may have the option to elect to receive additional information such as free informational newsletters from Perbadanan Putrajaya relating to topics that may be of special interest to you, such as public meeting schedules or other events.
http://www.ppj.gov.my has an area where you can submit feedback. Any feedback you submit in this area becomes our property, and we will use such feedback (such as positive or negative feedback) to enhance our services to you. We may also contact you for further information
Disclosure of Information
Perbadanan Putrajaya will not disclose to third parties your personal and/or demographic information except as set forth in the following two subparagraphs.
1. To facilitate the purposes stated above and the provision of products and services to you, we may disclose your Personal Information to the following classes of third parties :
- Our affiliates and our subsidiaries in and outside Malaysia;
- Any financial institution and charge or credit card issuing companies;
- Our advisors, auditors, consultants, contractors, products and service providers on a need to know basis;
- Regulatory authorities, enforcement agencies and any relevant parties in connection with any legal proceedings;
- Any actual or potential assignee, transferee or acquirer of the company or pursuant to any corporate restructuring exercise.
2. Perbadanan Putrajaya may disclose such information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include hosting our Web servers, analyzing data, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
3. Perbadanan Putrajaya may disclose such information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to:
- conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- protect the rights or property of Perbadanan Putrajaya;
- prevent a crime or protect national security; or
- protect the personal safety of users or the public.
Access, rectify or limit the process of your Personal Information
1. You may at any time request to access, rectify, update or limit the process of your personal information by writing to us at the contact details set up below :
Kompleks Perbadanan Putrajaya,
24, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 3,
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 03-8000 8000
Fax : 03-88875000
2. In the event you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Information as above, we may not able to :
- Process your application.
- Provide you information, updates, products or services you requested in relation to our products and services; or
- Process or carry out relevant business transactions.
If we do not hear any objection from you before 31 July 2014 or should you continue to liaise with us after receiving this Privacy Notice, you are deemed to have agreed to the above terms and that as set out in our Privacy Notice.
http://www.ppj.gov.my will use “cookies” to personalize and maximize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a Web page server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline all cookies if you prefer. Alternatively, you may be able to modify your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on the http://www.ppj.gov.my Official Portal.
http://www.ppj.gov.my has implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Changes to Privacy Statement
If we decide to change our Privacy Statement, we will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it. If at any time, you have questions or concerns about the http://www.ppj.gov.my Privacy Statement, please feel free to contact us.
We welcome your comments concerning this Privacy Statement. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please inform us and we will use reasonable efforts to determine and remedy the problem.