IN exercise of the powers conferred by section 102 of the Local Government Act 1976[Act 171], the Perbadanan Putrajaya makes and pursuant to section 103 of the said Act, the State Authority confirms, the following by-laws:
2. In these By-laws unless the context otherwise requires-
"admission fee" means the fee payable to the authorised officer or any method of admittance as determined by the Perbadanan;
"authorised officer" means any officer authorised by the Perbadanan;
"Kawasan Perbadanan Putrajaya" means the area as described under section 10 of the Perbadanan Putrajaya Act 1995[Act 536];
"Perbadanan" means the Perbadanan Putrajaya established under section 3 of the Perbadanan Putrajaya Act 1995[Act 536]; and
"Pool" means any swimming pool maintained by the Perbadanan and any enclosure, dressing room, bathroom, toilet, closet, box or compartment or any part thereof, and any land, premises, building or structure forming part thereof or appurtenant thereto.
(a) enter the swimming pool without first having a shower and use the foot baths at the Pool;
(b) enter the swimming pool while in a verminous condition or while suffering or suspected of suffering from any cutaneous, infectious or contagious disease;
(c) at any time use any soap or any substance or preparation whereby the water in the swimming pool may be rendered turbid or unfit for the proper use of bathers, or otherwise wilfully foul or pollute the swimming pool;
(d) throw any articles into the swimming pool; and
(e) bring anything into the swimming pool other than such articles as may be determined by the Perbadanan.
(a) wilfully and improperly soil or defile any bathroom, dressing room, closet, box or compartment, or any furniture or article therein;
(b) enter or use any dressing room, closet, box or compartment appointed for the use of a person of the opposite sex, provided that this by-law shall not apply in the case of any small children below the age of six years who is accompanied by an adult; and
(c) push or indulge in boisterous play which may cause injury to themselves or to others.
11. All persons entering the Pool shall at all times exercise reasonable care in the use of any bathroom, dressing room, closet, box or compartment or any apparatus or property therein, and shall not break or damage any plant or machinery or any part thereof.
15. The Perbadanan may at any time close the Pool temporarily to the public or any section of the public and/or grant exclusive use to a school, club, association or organisation for contests, either gratuitously or for payment and make or authorise the making of charges for admission to or use thereof when so closed to the public.
(a) suspend swimming and order all bathers out of the water if, in his opinion, the condition of the water is unsatisfactory or the swimming pool is overcrowded; and
(b) close the Pool and/or suspend swimming and order all bathers out of the water in the event of the breakdown of swimming pool flood?lights and/or general lighting, plant and equipment, or in any emergency which may arise detrimental to the safety of bathers.
18. In any case of suspension of swimming or closing of the Pool under by-law 17, no refund of admission fee shall be made nor an alternative admission date offered, unless the Perbadanan shall otherwise decide, and the decision of the Perbadanan shall be final.
20. Any person who is guilty of an offence under these By-laws shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding two thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding one year or to both such fine and imprisonment.
MMade by the Perbadanan Putrajaya in the meeting on the 25 February 1999
TAN SRI DATUK SERI AZIZAN BIN ZAINUL ABIDIN
President Perbadanan Putrajaya
Confirmed by the State Authority in the meeting on the 1999 [PPJ/URUS/PENT(s) JLD ( ); PU.Sel AM/0160/U]